PurposeThis award has been established by the Association of Science Education Taiwan, Republic of China, to enhance the quality of teaching in the field of Science Education in Taiwan, and to encourage teachers' professional development.
- A member of the Association who has a faculty/staff position in an academic institution in Taiwan.
- A full-time teacher with at least three years of service in a college or a university in Taiwan, who has accomplished, with proven pedagogical excellence, one of the things listed below within the last three years.
- In accordance with the educational policies, the teacher has prepared programs of instruction and teaching plans, and has proven those programs and plans effective enough to be promoted widely.
- The teacher has done an excellent job in bringing the classroom alive and in guiding students to develop properly.
- The teacher has done an excellent job in guiding students in domestic or international activities/performances.
- The teacher has done an excellent job in tutoring students in thesis writing and research work.